2. To be accepted for part-bred registration with the Society, a pony is to be ineligible for registration in any of the pure-bred sections.
3. Part-Bred ponies are to be branded on the near shoulder with an identifying brand. Off shoulder brands, indicating foal number and foaling year, are optional.
4. There is no age limit for part-bred registration.
5. There is no height limit for part-bred registration.
6. Once registered with the Society, part-bred ponies are not eligible for transfer to any of the pure-bred sections of the Society’s stud book.
7. Applications for registration shall only be accepted on the prescribed Form and from the registered owner, who is to be a current member of the Society.
8. Part-bred ponies shall be allocated the suffix "PB" to their registered number.
9. The Society’s Part-Bred register is not open to:
a. a pony registered with a recognised society and eligible for reciprocal rights registration with the Society,
b. a pony which has been foal recorded in a pure-bred section of the Society’s Stud Book and is liable for penalty fees on late adult registration
APSB Breed Section Headings at Shows.
The wording of some headings of APSB breed sections at many agricultural and smaller shows
in all states is often confusing. To try and clarify what APSB breeds are eligible under specific
headings the following applies:
Firstly, APSB is not a breed – it is a society that administers ten pure breeds and four registers under its umbrella.
If the heading in a show program states APSB SECTION with no other clarification of eligible breeds then ALL ten pure breeds within the APSB stud book are eligible to compete i.e Australian, Welsh, Shetland, Highland etc.
If the section is dedicated to a specific APSB breed then the heading must state so i.e. Ponies eligible for this section must be registered in the Australian section of the APSB Society – or whatever breed intended.
Those ponies recorded in any of the four Registers within the APSB are INELIGIBLE to compete in classes dedicated to the APSB pure breeds.
All ponies must be entered in the name of the registered owner who must be a financial member of the APSB Society Inc. It is not necessary for the handler, rider or driver to be a financial member.